Part 30 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 30


Part-30
OUR LITTLE SECRET...

A few days later......
"You know Sanyukta,I really like that boy"mom says.
"Randhir?"I ask.she nods with a small smile.
Its the only smile she has smiled with since the accident.
"Yeah,"I say with a smile agreeing with her.
"He is pretty cool"I say looking back at the TV.
"I can tell that really like him"she says,I look back at her trying to look confused.
"I do not we are just friends"I say trying to hold in a smile.
"Oh!don't lie its obvious,I saw how close u were in the car last night.I couldn't hear u but I saw how close u were sitting."she explains with a wink.I feel the heat rise to my cheek.
"Well, have a broken leg ,I couldnt slide over "I say causing her to laugh,and a smile appear on my face.
"Whatever"she says rolling her eye and looking away.Her smile fades and she looks out of the window.she has lost a lot of weight and she is so much stressed out.she goes to dad when Randhir cones here
"Have u thought about it?'I ask breaking the silence,
"Almost every minute,I can't stop thinking about it"
"And?"I ask.She shakes her head and bit her lip not to cry.
"I am not ready"she says with a sound of pain,in her voice
"I haven't really decided either"I say with pain .
"I am not talking about making decision"she says,I look at her and find her wiping tear from cheek.
"I am talking about him"
"What do u mean?"I ask.
"I am not ready to loose my best friend He stayed with me in everything even after all the bad things that happened to us ,he made sure our family was always safe and secure"she says as two or more tears slide down her cheeks.I felt tears form in corner of my eyes.I would do anything right now to be able to walk over and hug her.she walks to me and start crying on my shoulder hugging me.and I do the same.its like every part of me is falling into pieces .its all my fault.I am the one causing mom all pain.I am the reason why dad might not ever sit down and watch the sunset with us,its my fault he is about to die.
Then the gate open and Randhir comes in with 3 bags of groceries.
'I thought I would cook..."he stops talking look us and runs to us
"Are u guys OK?"he asks.
"Yes we are fine Randhir could u do me a favour?"she lies to him.he nods.
"Could u stay here with Sanyukta while I go to hospital"?she asks.
"Of course"she smiles to him.
Randhir looks at me and smiles he bruises my hairs behind my ear with his hand.He wraps his arms around me tight, and I lay my head on his chest as always .He know I don't want to talk so we don't .we sit there in a peaceful ,yet perfect silence.

"Are u close to ur parents?"I ask Him when we were lying down on my bed.We are facing each other,laying on our sides,and he is playing with my hair.
"Not really"
"Why"I ask.He sighs.
"Before my brother died,we were all a big happy family,then he was sent off and the things stayed the same.but after his death everything got changed."
"They started to shut me out,which made things even more worse.its like they didn't understand that i am hurting too."He says looking at me.I see pain and hurt in his eyes.its like he is reliving all his emotions from the time all over again right in front of me.
"That's when I started to hang out with the wrong types of people and the thing with that girl happened...."he looks at his hands and I entwines our fingers together.I kiss his hand and set them down between us.He smiles at me and scoots closer to me.
"What about u and ur parents?"he ask.I just stare him for a minute.
"What do u mean?"I ask.
"You have always seemed like u nevertruly liked them ,or there was always something between u,"
"There was"I say.
"And what was that?"
"They kept everything about my real family a secret all of these years.
"So that's why u don't like them?"he asks and I nod.
"Sanyukta, you are probably looking at it in a wrong way"I look at him confused.
"May be they were protecting u bcoz they knew that at the time,u couldn't handle the truth.or may be it was the last thing u needed to hear at a certain time,so they decided to keep it a secret.for the better"he added
"So its better for me not to know,about my family,and.be lied to?I ask.he sighs.
"You know that's not what I meant,I mean u just have to see things from there angle too"I sigh I know he is saying right.
"Besides mom needs u right now"he added.
"I will stay strong for her"
"U don't always have to be so strong, u know?"He smiles I smile too.
"OK i have an idea"He says after a moment of silence.I stare at him confused.
"Follow me"He says jumping off the bed,and dragging me along with him.He leads us to the kitchen.
"Are u Hungry?"he asks
"Not,re."
"Good bcoz u are gonna eat"He says cutting me.
He turns to me and pick me up by my waist and let me sit on the counter.He grabs a rag and ties it on my eyes so that I can't see.
"Randhir!"I can't see,he laughs a little.
"That's the whole point u ding, dong"He says making me laugh at the nickname he called me.
"Ok,Now this is a game,to where u have to guess what I am feeding u ok?"I nod
"Here is the first one"he says and i open my mouth,it tastes like a fruit.
"Apple"I say.
"Right"he says clapping his hands together.
"Next"he says and put something soft and now as hard to eat
"Bread?"I ask as more than a question than an answer.
"Correct, now next"he says and put something with spoon,its like gel and it tastes like grapes.
"Jelly"I say.
"Perfect"he says
"Last one"he says but before I could even think about opening my mouth ,I feel his lips put against mine.I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist.I slide my fingers upto his hairs and he smiles into the kiss.His hands slide down to my legs and we kiss again.when I pull away we both laugh,and he takes the rag of from my eyes.
"Do u like the game?He ask.
"Just a little"I say with a wink.we laugh together but our smile disappears as we see Mom at the gate who is watching us with serious look.

......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 31 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 29 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category